Sunday, June 9, 2013

Semi-homemade Chocolate Sprinkle Cake




Every year in my classroom I run a March Madness bracket with my students. Some of my students have never filled out a bracket before and don't understand what it is, so it's a fun experience to get to teach them. When the NCAA tournament is over, the winner of my bracket receives a prize and that prize is that I bake them a cake. Here is a go-to recipe that I picked up a few years ago. A very decadent, moist cake that tastes homemade, but takes some shortcuts. It's delicious, I promise. But so easy as well!

Ingredients:
1 box of chocolate cake mix (it can be devil's food or dark chocolate or whatever)
1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix (5.9 oz)
2 cups sour cream
1 cup melted butter
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
rainbow sprinkles (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a bundt pan.
Pour together cake mix with the pudding mix.
Stir in mixes with sour cream, butter, eggs, & vanilla extract into a an electric mixer.
Beat on low/medium for 2 to 4 minutes.
Mix in chocolate chips.
Dump rainbow sprinkles on bottom of Bundt pan (optional)
Cover with batter.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
After cake cools then turn upside to serve. ENJOY!

The sprinkles don't necessarily make it taste better, but they are cute & fun :-) 

What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...