Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cheesy Vegetable Soup

Back when school started in September I made a lot of meals ahead of time. I spent Labor Day weekend trying out more recipes from Freezer Pleasers. Believe it or not, there are actually recipes in that book I still haven't tried yet! Here is an easy one.




Nutritional Information (Serving Size: 1 Cup)

Calories: 172    Fat: 4 grams      WW Points: 3.1   Points+: 4.4


Ingredients:
6 cups water
1 30 oz. package frozen shredded hash browns
1 24 oz. bag mixed vegetables
4 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1 lb 2% milk Velveeta cheese
2 cans 14.5 oz. low fat cream of chicken soup
1 cup skim milk 



Directions:
Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil.
Add hash browns, veggies, and bouillon granules, bring to a boil again.
Reduce heat and cover.
Simmer for 10 minutes until veggies are tender. 
Stir in cheese, soup, and milk.
Cook until cheese is melted and well mixed.
Add croutons & serve with black bean patties!

To Freeze: Wait until soup has cooled. Transfer to freezer container or tupperware and freeze for up to 3 months.


To Use Frozen: Thaw in fridge, then heat in pot. You may need to add additional milk. 





What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...