Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Asian Broccoli Slaw Salad

This is a fabulous, filling salad that I often make for dinner (about once a month) that my husband enjoys. It's delicious! My favorite part is the homemade dressing. I also like making a lot of it so I can eat leftovers for lunch the next day and the rest of the week.


Ingredients:
6 oz cooked, grilled chicken, shredded
1 container of Broccoli slaw (you may be able to find some in bags by the lettuce, but Darrenkamp's sells them in pre-packaged containers by the pre-diced onions)

8 green onions, diced (i love green onions)
1.5 cups of celery, diced (Darrenkamp's also sells these pre-chopped)
1/2 cup peanuts
1 small can of chow mein noodles
1 package oriental ramen noodles, broken up (set aside the seasoning packet)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup peanut oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp thai peanut sauce


Directions:
Mix chicken, slaw, green onions, celery,  peanuts, noodles, and ramen noodles in a medium bowl.
Mix sugar, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, and half of the ramen noodle seasoning in a jar with lid. 
Shake well and pour over slaw/salad.
Top with peanut sauce, making sure it gets mostly on the chicken. 


What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...