Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sausage Spaghetti Pie

Sausage Spaghetti Pie is a recipe I found in Freezer Pleasers. I was able to make 3 at one time to save in my freezer. They say you can keep them in the freezer for up to 1 month, but I'll be honest and admit I did it for longer than that and nothing bad happened to me after I ate the Spaghetti Pie. What can I say, I walk on the wild side.


Ingredients:
1 package of spaghetti
4 eggs
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I get the light kind, but there really isn't much of a difference between that kind and the regular kind that you can find in the pasta aisle)
1 cup onion, diced 1/4 cup butter (i use olive oil cooking spray instead)
2 cups sour cream (I have to use fat free)
1 - 2 lbs. sausage, casings removed
2 tsp Italian seasoning (i'm sure I actually used more than that)

2 cups water
12 oz tomato paste (I despise tomato paste, I use it sparingly, so I'm sure I only did about 3 oz)
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Cook spaghetti according to package.
Meanwhile, beat eggs lightly and add them to the pasta after it has been drained.
Add parmesan cheese.
Mix it all together. 
Transfer to greased pie plates (can divide among 3 pie plates)
Press mixture into the bottom of the pie plates and up sides to form the crust of your pie (use hands)
Meanwhile, cook onion in butter until tender.
Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and italian seasoning. 
Spoon over crusts.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook sausage over medium heat until brown.
Stir in water & tomato paste after draining out any grease.
Bring to a boil. 
Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Once it thickens spoon the mixture over each of the pies.
Top with mozzarella & cheddar cheese. 


To Eat Now: Cover & bake pie at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.


To Freeze: Cover & Freeze for up to 1 month (or more!)


To Eat From Frozen: Thaw in fridge overnight. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.



Nutritional Information (based on ¼ of a pie)
Carbs:
Calories:
Fat:
Points:
Points Plus+:
7.4
451
20.6
10
11.7



 What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...