Cooking Club's theme this past month was Barefoot Contessa inspired recipes. We all made a recipe from one of Ina Garten's cookbooks or found one online. I was in charge of cocktails for this dinner club meeting so I made Fresh Peach Bellinis and made it my own. So yummy! I got these great champagne flutes from my mom as a wedding present years ago and like to bring them out every so often. Bellinis are the perfect occasion! Check out the other Barefoot Contessa courses at our Cuisine Queens website! :-)
Ingredients (serves 8 to 10 people):
- 4 peaches
- 2 champagne mangoes
- 2 tbsp of sugar or equal
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine or champagne, chilled
- I used Peach Seltzer water for a non-alcoholic version (we have some pregos in our group)
- Chop fruit into small pieces.
- Place fruit, lime juice, & sugar into a food processor.
- Puree in processor until mixed well.
- Pass through sieve (optional) and leave out skins & bits.
- Place 2 tbsp of the puree in each champagne glass
- Fill with champagne and serve.
For a non-alcoholic or low cal option use peach seltzer water instead of champagne/wine.
My husband & I had an awesome dinner on the back porch (the weather has been fantastic) and I tried out the bellinis on him before making them for cooking club the following night. They were a hit! They also paired nicely with leftover Southwestern Pasta Salad & these AMAZING BLT Lettuce Wraps which I made for the first time that night! YUMMO!
What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)