Saturday, July 9, 2011

Zucchini Breakfast Casserole

I'm obsessed with quiche & breakfast casseroles. I secretly want to host breakfast functions every week so that I can try out new recipes each time. 



Ingredients:
3 cups zucchini, sliced into halves
1 cup bisquick (use the low fat or heart smart kind)
1 small onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
5 egg whites, 2 whole eggs
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp parsley
20 pepperoni slices (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place all ingredients a large bowl and mix together. 
Pour into a greased casserole dish. (I used pam)
Bake for about 45 minutes. 
Check to make sure it's cooked through with a toothpick or fork.

I had to make two of these while on vacation with lots of friends. So for one of them I added pepperoni. It gives it a nice kick. Doesn't make the dish so healthy, but it tastes real good. 



What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)

1 comment:

mobile pc suite said...

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...