Wednesday, July 13, 2011

BEST SALAD EVER!

I often run out of ideas on what to pack for lunch every day when I'm working. I refuse to eat the cafeteria food (I'm sure it's great, but I'm not in middle school anymore!) and I want something healthy, but easy. So it limits my options. Like I've said before, I used to be the frozen food lean cuisine queen. But I've gotten tired of that. So I'm on a new salad kick. 


I'll buy sliced cucumbers, chick peas, hard boiled eggs (no yoke) & baby corn usually just from the salad bar at Weis or some other grocery store. I like to mix in craisins and fresh avocado. For some more protein I heat up baked breaded chicken breast and cut into pieces. It's the perfect meal and it's super filling!  It's also really pretty to look at. 


Dressing? Depends what I'm in the mood for...sometimes I splurge on low fat ranch or honey mustard. But good ol' italian or balsamic vinaigrette is  staple for me too. I'm always looking for good salad options. So if you have any ideas...send them my way!




What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)

1 comment:

Hoseoke said...

Thanks for shharing this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...