Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Primavera

This may be one of the BEST recipes I've ever made! So proud! You have got to try this one out!

So months ago I was watching Diners, Drive Ins, & Dives for the first time. They went to this place called The Pit Stop in New York and they did the most amazing thing with a spaghetti squash. Well, this was right around my spaghetti squash kick, so I was pretty excited. I had to wait a little but the recipe was finally put up on the web. I tried it for the first time and even though it's a spaghetti squash stuffed full of veggies my husband still loved it. Spaghetti Squash Primavera is so good! Yummo!


Ingredients:
1 spaghetti squash
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
1 red pepper
1 small eggplant
1 white onion
1 small head of broccoli
5 asparagus spears
1 oz of fresh parsley, chopped
1 jar marinara sauce
1 ball fresh mozzarella (I used lite part-skim)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 
3 - 5 cloves of garlic, minced
salt & pepper to taste
parmesan cheese (optional)


The original recipe calls for other veggies; carrots, cauliflower, celery, & shallots. But I didn't include them. I figured this recipe has enough ingredients & vegetables already so I didn't bother.


I also think this recipe would taste great with red pepper. So if you are looking for a little kick, add that too!


I didn't use the parmesan cheese. But feel free to top your final product with that.



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Split spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds. This is hard to do and involves a sharp knife. BE CAREFUL.


Add squash to large pot of boiling water and boil for 10 minutes. I had to do this in two phases and only bowl one half of the squash at a time.



While boiling, dice all vegetables. All the colors are so pretty!


In a very large pan heat olive oil and onions and garlic.
Saute until soft.


Then add all other vegetables and parsley. Stir together.


When read, move spaghetti squash from pot. Be careful, it's hot. I used tongs!


Using a fork, scrape the inside of the squash into a large bowl. I used the original pot that I boiled the spaghetti squash in after I drained it. 


Be sure to keep the shell and keep it in tact. 


Then add the vegetables in with the squash and most of the marinara sauce.


Mix together real well and split into the two spaghetti squash shells.


Top with thick slices of the mozzarella and remainder of the sauce.


Sprinkle with salt & pepper.


Cook in oven on baking sheet or pan for 10 to 12 minutes on 350 degrees.


Remove from oven, top with parmesan, and serve.


What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...