Sunday, July 10, 2011

Strawberry Pie

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Strawberry pie. It's my favorite non-chocolate dessert. One of my best memories from college is being at my friend Stevie's house and sneaking into the kitchen with 3 friends and devouring the strawberry pie that his mom, Sue, made. [SHE MAKES THE BEST STRAWBERRY PIE!]. It was for everyone else to share but we weren't going to let anyone else get a piece. It was heaven.


This was a time in my life when I was trying to impress my husband (before he was my husband, before he was even my boyfriend) so I knew the quickest way to his heart was through his stomach. Therefore, I was on my mission to to make an equally awesome strawberry pie. The secret = graham cracker crust. 


Ingredients:
graham cracker pie crust
1 tbsp powdered sugar
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1.5 quarts of strawberries, cut & sliced.
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp karo white corn syrup
1 cup water
3 oz. strawberry jell-0
1 tsp of salt
3 tbsp cornstarch
cool-whip or whip cream


 Directions:
Mix the cream cheese & sugar into a medium bowl. 
Spread into the bottom of a baked pie shell.
Place berries on top of the cream cheese spread.
Meanwhile, mix sugar, corn syrup, water, salt, & cornstarch in a pot over medium heat.
When it thickens and the jello mix and stir.
Remove from heat and let cool before pouring over berries.
Place in fridge for at least an hour.
Serve with whip cream.




It was a hit!



What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...