Saturday, July 2, 2011

Diet Soda Cake :-)


One time I was trying to make cake pops and I ran out of eggs. But with a little help from google I learned how to solve the problem of making no-eggs cake. The secret is a can of soda! For real! 


If you are using a regular cake box mix you use the same amount of oil and mix. But do NOT add the water specified by the box. Instead replace with one can of soda for the eggs. 


You will have to cook the cake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes past what the box directions say. It will come out more moist than a regular cake and will be perfect for cake pops (even though it will make creating the cake pops extra messy). 


Use a light colored-soda for a light cake and a dark soda, like coke, for chocolate cake. This also helps eliminate calories if you use diet soda instead of eggs.


Those who know me well know I have a strong addiction to Diet Coke. So if there is a way to incorporate it into any of my recipes I'm all for it. ENJOY!


What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)

1 comment:

Lucy said...

There is a very popular WW recipe for cake mix with soda. It sounds like a good idea to use it for cake pops!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...