Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Peach & Mango Bellinis

Cooking Club's theme this past month was Barefoot Contessa inspired recipes. We all made a recipe from one of Ina Garten's cookbooks or found one online. I was in charge of cocktails for this dinner club meeting so I made Fresh Peach Bellinis and made it my own. So yummy! I got these great champagne flutes from my mom as a wedding present years ago and like to bring them out every so often. Bellinis are the perfect occasion! Check out the other Barefoot Contessa courses at our Cuisine Queens website! :-)


Ingredients (serves 8 to 10 people):
  • 4 peaches
  • 2 champagne mangoes
  • 2 tbsp of sugar or equal
  • 2 tsp of lime juice
  • 1 bottle of sparkling wine or champagne, chilled
  • I used Peach Seltzer water for a non-alcoholic version (we have some pregos in our group)



Directions:
  • Chop fruit into small pieces.
  • Place fruit, lime juice, & sugar into a food processor.
  • Puree in processor until mixed well.
  • Pass through sieve (optional) and leave out skins & bits.
  • Place 2 tbsp of the puree in each champagne glass
  • Fill with champagne and serve.

For a non-alcoholic or low cal option use peach seltzer water instead of champagne/wine.





My husband & I had an awesome dinner on the back porch (the weather has been fantastic)   and I tried out the bellinis on him before making them for cooking club the following night. They were a hit! They also paired nicely with leftover Southwestern Pasta Salad & these AMAZING BLT Lettuce Wraps which I made for the first time that night! YUMMO!


What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...