My husband & I were going to a picnic on Sunday night and I needed to come up with a salad recipe. I wanted to do something besides macaroni salad or Amish pasta salad. I wanted to do something healthy & light so I looked up some ideas on All Recipes and pulled this together. Lots of leftovers to eat throughout the week!
Ingredients (serves 12+):
- 1 package of colored rotini pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15 oz. cans of whole kernel corn
- 2 15 oz. cans of black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro paste (goya)
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- Cook pasta according to box directions.
- Meanwhile, chop of peppers & tomatoes.
- In a large bowl combine lime juice, chili powder, cumin, cilantro paste, salt, & garlic. Stir in pasta.
- Mix in veggies, corn, & beans.
- Stir well, use hands if necessary.
- Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
Serve in this awesome Mickey Mouse bowl if you have one :-)
What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)