Sunday, March 13, 2011

Broccoli Chicken Stuffing Casserole

I'm excited to be part of a ministry at church that provides meals for the We Care Food Pantry. Families that are able to get food from the food pantry twice a month also receive a homemade frozen casserole to bring home. We also provide casseroles for the pastors to take with them when they go into a home to visit a family in grief. 


It's really fun. We get together once a month and mass produce casseroles. The first month I wasn't able to attend but we used my recipe for shepherds pie.


This past month we did a broccoli chicken stuffing casserole. Once the chicken was cooked it was easy to do the rest. We did sort of an assembly line system so we could make the 50+ casseroles. I got to take one home with me to sample. It was delicious.


If you are interested in supporting this worthy cause you can make checks out to The Worship Center and designate the money for The Casserole Ministry. You can also donate online


Ingredients:
3/4 pound cubed chicken, cooked in oven
3 cups of frozen broccoli florets
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 6 oz. package of stuffing (any kind)
1/2 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 cup of chicken broth (or any combination of soup, mayo, & broth--enough that the stuffing is moist)


Directions:
Mix soup, mayo, & broth in a medium sized bowl.
Pour stuffing into 13 x 9 casserole dish.
Top with liquid mixture and mix together so it is completely moistened.
Top with chicken, broccoli, and cheese.
Stir well.
Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.


What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...