Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spinach Dip

It's official. I actually know how to cook. This point was confirmed for me last month when I started perfecting the art of going "off road" with my recipes. I used to be the type that stuck exactly to the recipe because I was scared of messing it up. Now I just throw in random ingredients that I think will work and I've been impressed with the results.


I made spinach dip for the super bowl party (to compliment the burrito bar) and I got a lot of compliments on it, so it must have been good. I started by finding hot spinach dip recipes online then I started throwing in things I had in my fridge that would go well with it. 



Ingredients:
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and dried out
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup light mayo
1/3 cup pecorino romano
2 laughing cow swiss cheese wedges, chopped & melted
1 can of cream of broccoli condensed soup
8 green onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
pepper to taste


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
Place in an oven safe dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Make sure cheese is melted and serve with pretzel things. 


What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...