Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hot Couscous For Breakfast

This was surprisingly good. It was also easy to make. Not too many ingredients needed. I already had the all the ingredients in my cupboard, including the couscous. So major bonus points if you don't have to run out to the store and pick up any supplies. I made a batch of this over the weekend and then portioned it out for breakfast all week. I hear this is a great meal for a camping trips.  



It may be unusual to think of eating couscous for breakfast. For some, eating couscous in general might be out of their comfort zone. But honestly, this meal smells & tastes JUST like cinnamon oatmeal. So if you like oatmeal, you'll like couscous for breakfast! Who knew?


Ingredients:
3 cups skim milk
2 tbsp honey
3 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups dry couscous
1/3 cup dried fruit such as craisins or apricots
1/2 cup slivered almonds or chopped walnuts


Directions:
In a small sauce pan over medium-high heat combine milk, honey, and cinnamon.
When it comes to a boil pour in the couscous.
Turn off heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
Stir in fruit & nuts. Fluff with a fork.


What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)




2 comments:

Lucy said...

Good way to get a week's worth of breakfasts. I was wondering if the nuts were still crunchy after being refrigerated for a number of days.

Leslie said...

I finally made this. Only thing was mine is super thick so when I've been reheating for breakfast, I add a little more milk to it is not as thick. Still it tastes great and fills me up

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...