Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf




I used the ingredients feature on AllRecipes.com to find this recipe. I had an extra package of lean ground turkey and rosemary that I had been using for a couple of recipes. Plus bread crumbs too. I wanted to find a recipe to freeze. I wanted to use this stuff before it went bad. So I just typed in the ingredients I had and it found several recipes for me. I knew that meatloaf was easy to make and it was perfect to freeze. The recipe also used everything I had, so it was more than perfect. I kept this recipe real simple. No tomato-sauce topping, etc. However, I did see one recipe for turkey meatloaf that mixes in fresh spinach. I bet that would be really good. If anyone tries making that let me know how it goes. 


Ingredients:
1 lb to 1.25 pounds of lean ground turkey
2 cups of bread crumbs
1 egg
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup of skim milk
1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup of vinegar
salt & pepper
2 tbsp of rosemary


Directions:
In a large bowl combine ground turkey, beaten egg, bread crumbs, garlic, milk, & onions.
Add vinegar and worcestershire sauce.
Season with rosemary, salt & pepper.
Press into greased loaf pan. 
Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 1 hour. 


What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I didn't see your weekly menu posted. When did you have the turkey meatloaf. The reason I'm asking is because I MADE TURKEY MEATLOAF on Sunday. I used a combination of the Turkey-Vegetable Meat Loaf from lhj.com and The Food Network's Bobby Flay Vegetable Meatloaf with Basamic Glaze. Of course I left out the zucchini! I haven't to write down what I took from each so I don't forget. I will make it again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...