Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mixed Berry French Toast Bake

My friend Nicole sent me this recipe and insisted that I make it. I'm so glad she did! It's a great treat when making breakfast for a group of people. 


Ingredients:
1 loaf of French Bread, cubed -- very small
6 egg whites
3 eggs
2 cups fat free milk
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 package frozen unsweetened mixed berries
2 tbsp cold butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar


Directions:
Place bread cubes in a 13 x 9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl combine egg whites, eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
Pour over bread. (I suggest fully emerging the bread into the liquid mixture).
Then refrigerate overnight for 8 hours.
The next morning, remove the berries from the freezer 30 minutes before baking and set aside.
Also remove the baking dish from the fridge.
Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 
In a small bowl, cut butter into brown sugar until crumbly. 
Sprinkle butter mixture over French toast. Top with berries.
Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 25 minutes.


If you want more details and tips for this recipe see Nicole's blog.


What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...