Thursday, April 14, 2011

Twice-Baked Ranch Potatoes


I've fallen in love with twice-baked potatoes. (See my original post on twice-baked taco potatoes.) These ranch-flavored ones were just as good and equally easy to make. This specific recipe is from Freezer Pleasers. (I consistently rave about this book on a handful of my blog posts, so I still recommend trying it out.)


Ingredients:
4 to 5 large baking potatoes
3 oz. of fat-free packaged cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup skim milk
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:
Heat potatoes in microwave for about 15 minutes.
Let stand so they cool before handling them.
Scoop out pulp leaving a thin shell, but not TOO thin. 
Combine cream cheese and milk with the mashed potatoes.
Then blend in salad dressing mix completely.
Use a hand mixer to blend completely.
Scoop into the potato shells.
Top with cheese.
Place in microwave again (2 at a time) and cook for 3.5 to 4.5 minutes in a microwave safe dish. 

You can also freeze them to eat later. To defrost cook on 50% power for 8 to 9 minutes. Do not freeze for more than 3 months. 

What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...