Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Purple Cow Smoothie

Our cooking club recently did a challenge where everyone had to bring a dish (we break it down into appetizer, salad, soup, entree, dessert, drink, etc) that contained the same main ingredient and we picked VANILLA as our special ingredient. There are lots of great recipes out there that include vanilla and with the help of All Recipes Ingredient Search you can find a lot of them.  I got to do the dessert beverage and went with a smoothie/milkshake. It was delicious!



Ingredients:
1 cup grape soda
4 cups vanilla bean ice cream
20 ice cubes
1 tbsp vanilla extract
milk


Place ingredients in a blender, add enough milk so that it blends smoothly. Feel free to change the ice cream or purple smoothie amount depending on the taste. I liked just having a hint of the grape flavor and more vanilla flavor. 


What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I love those cows!!

Kelly Morga said...

I love the cake pops!! I am making them as favors for my sister-in-laws baby shower. I have done a dry run and they are super cute and are going to look adorable decorated for a boy!! Thanks for the great idea!!

BTW, have you seen the cake pop maker? http://thebabycakesshop.com/products/cake-pop-makers/cp-12
I'm concidering buying one. I have a 2 year old son and I'm sure these will come in handy for birthday parties or a snow day project!!!

Also check out my blog at www.littlesillylife.blogspot.com Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...