Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Make-Ahead Breakfast Sausage Casserole

Ingredients:
    2-3 cups seasoned croutons
  • 1 pound spicy pork sausage
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of broccoli soup
  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach - thawed, drained and squeezed dry
  • 1 large zucchini, chopped and quartered
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard

Directions:
Spread croutons on the bottom of a greased 9x13 casserole dish
Cut sausage and heat in a medium skillet until brown
Spread over croutons
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, soup, spinach, zucchini, cheese, and mustard. Mix really well.
Pour egg mixture over sausage and croutons. 
Refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, preheat to 325 degrees.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes until set and lightly brown.

What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...