Monday, January 10, 2011

Fiesta Bean Dip

I wanted to contribute some sort of treat or snack at our family's extended Christmas gathering. So I was planning on making my usual taco dip. But then when I went to the grocery store to buy the ingredients I changed my mind at the last second. I bought some random ingredients and made this dip up on the spot. It turned out great.


Ingredients:
1 container of low fat sour cream
1 can of black beans, rinsed & drained
1/2 cup of diced onions
1 can of diced tomatoes w/ chilies
1 tsp of red pepper flakes
1/4 cup of taco seasoning or 1 package
2 cups of cheddar cheese


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix sour cream & taco seasoning in a medium sized bowl.
Spread in the bottom of an 8 x 8 square casserole dish.
Top with a layer of the black beans.
Sprinkle with red pepper & top with onions.
Top with layer of cheese.
Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
Top with tomatoes after you remove the dish from the oven.















Serve with tortilla chips.




I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...