Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cheeste Steak Bread Bake

This post will provide further evidence that my theory of...

PILLSBURY DOUGH + ANYTHING = SCRUMPTIOUS

If this is the first time you've heard my thesis or if you are unaware of the amazingness that is the Best Of The Bake-Off Contest Winners Cook Book then please visit my Not-So-Sloppy Turkey Joe's post for more explanation.
I was having such a Love Fest with my friends on New Year's Eve that I wanted them to all come over for dinner. You know, eat some food, (NOT PORK & SAUERKRAUT...WORST TRADITION EVER!!!!) swap new year's resolutions, play some dominoes...one last night of fun before I return to work after 10 days off. :-(

So folks came over last Sunday night and I decided to try anoter of my Pillsbury dough recipes. Somehow my results don't look as pretty as the ones in the book, but no one seems to mind. :-) This recipe served 8 (and second helpings & leftovers), so you might want to cut it in half if needed.

Inredients:
2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
2 packages of 12 oz. thinly sliced frozen sandwich steaks (i only had 1 so I used ground beef too)
2 large green bell peppers
1-2 cups of diced onion
3 cans of Pillsbury Dough grands dinner rolls (24 biscuits in all)
2 cups shredded mozzarella chese
1 egg
salt & pepper, to taste


Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add steak. Cook 8 to 10 minutes until no longer pink.
Do not drain, remove meat and set aside on separate plate.
Add onions & green bell pepper for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.
Return meat to skillet and season with salt & pepper, if desired.
On wax paper flatten & spread out 6 of the biscuits in a rectangular shape (see below)
Spoon meat mixture down the middle and wrap up the meat by folding the excess dough
over top of each other. (see below).
 It may be hard to get the dough off of the wax paper so just flip upside down onto a cookie sheet. [I was able to make 4 separate entities and baked 2 on each cookie sheet].
Brush dough with the beaten egg.
Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until dough is golden brown.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...