Saturday, January 29, 2011

Slow Cooker Irish Coffee

Cooking club's theme this month was Slow Cooker. Woo-hoo! I signed up for the alcoholic beverage and attempted Irish Coffee. AMAZING. It's the perfect night cap or after-dinner dessert. It was so good I made it again the following night. I had this awesome Kahlua coffee that I used. Any regular coffee will do though. If you are not a big coffee drinker, then it's the perfect recipe. And if you are not a big alcohol/Bailey's drinker, then it's still the perfect recipe. Everything is mixed together so well that you don't taste too much of the Bailey's and you don't taste too much of the coffee. It's just a perfect drink for entertaining guests. You might think of using decaf coffee depending on what guests are coming over. Enjoy!


This served about 8 people


Ingredients:
6 cups of freshly brewed coffee
1 cup of Bailey's Irish Creme 
1 tbsp of cocoa powder
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
container of fat free cool whip


Directions:
Combine coffee & Bailey's in slow cooker.
Mix in cocoa and whipping cream.
Cook on low for 3 hours.
Serve in coffee mugs/glasses and top with cool whip





What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)

1 comment:

Lucy said...

To keep it really low fat, you could probably substitute FF Half & Half for the heavy cream.
What glasses did you serve it in?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...