Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Not-So-Sloppy Turkey Joe's


I would HIGHLY recommend Pillsbury Best Of The Bake-Off Contest Winners Cookbook to anyone. Years ago, when I fell in love with the Taco Ring, i came to the simple conclusion that Pillsbury Dough biscuits or crescent rolls are amazing in themselves. So you can pretty much take any type of meat, filling, or vegetable, place it inside, bake with love, and the result will be equally amazing. This cookbook proves my theory.
[Side Note: Apparently there is also a Best of Betty -- Betty Crocker Cook Book that I would like to try out. My mom sent me a pdf insert that looks amazing.] 


So, my mom recently checked the Pillsbury Book out of the library and while I was visiting over the Holiday I picked out some recipes that I wanted to try. The first was Neat To Eat Sloppy Joe's. I made some adjustments to the recipe and made them down in Myrtle Beach. So pleased with the results! I used lean ground skinless turkey meat instead of ground beef. Also, we didn't have worcestershire sauce or sesame seeds so I couldn't use those. I did have these awesome sea salt & peppercorn pepper grinders that I got to use. Plus there was leftover guacamole from earlier in the day that we put to good use. (see picture)




Ingredients:
3/4 pound lean ground turkey (i used turkey instead of ground beef)
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 8 oz can of Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (I know this is cheating but I bought the Walmart generic brand, don't judge me)
sesame seeds, optional (i didn't have any)



Directions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees.


Cook ground turkey over medium high heat until cooked through.


Stir in ketchup, onion, mustard, worcestershire sauce, and pepper.


Then add cheese and remove from heat.


Next, take the dough and separate it into 4 rectangles (it will be two triangles put together)


Seal together the two triangle perforations to make one cohesive rectangle. (see pictures)


Then mold the dough so it becomes more of a square then a rectangle.


Spoon about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture into center of each square. 


Fold dough over to make triangles. Seal edges, use a fork if needed. (see pictures)


Place triangles on ungreased cookie sheet. Spring with sesame seed.


Bake 14 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.


Top with homemade guacamole to make it extra awesome!




I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...