Thursday, January 13, 2011

Meatball Soup




Another awesome recipe from Freezer Pleasers! LOVE THIS BOOK! I've cooked a lot of these recipes so far. I was able to fill two full loaf pans full of soup. One to eat now, one  to save for later in the freezer. This smelled so good while making it and it was pretty easy to do.


Ingredients:
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
1/2 cup of carrots or dry cole-slaw mix
4 cups low fat beef broth
1 can of dark red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 can italian stewed tomatoes
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
4 oz. uncooked tiny penne pasta


Directions:
In a small bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, parsley, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, & pepper.
Crumble uncooked beef over mixture, mix well.
Shape into 1 in meatballs. 
Brown in large saucepan. Does not have to be cooked all the way through.
Add broth, beans, tomatoes, and italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add uncooked pasta and cook for 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and pasta is tender.





What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...