Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crab Bisque

Here is another hit from my Freezer Pleasers book. MMMMMmmmmm...Crab Bisque! This makes about 6 to 8 servings.  



Ingredients:
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced green onion
2 tablespoons butter
1 can cream-style corn
1 can condensed cream of potato soup
1 can condensed, reduced fat cream of celery soup
1 cup of skim milk
1 cup half and half cream
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
3 6 oz. cans of crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed.



Directions:
In a large saucepan, saute the celery, onion, and green pepper in butter until tender.
Add corn, soup, milk, cream and seasonings. Mix well.
Stir in crab, heat through.
Serve with crackers or croutons now...


Or to freeze for later...
Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
Transfer to large frozen container. Freeze for up to 3 months


When ready to eat...
Thaw in fridge overnight.
Heat in saucepan or use microwave.





What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...