Sunday, January 23, 2011

Beef & Cabbage Medley

I've never made anything with cabbage before. But this recipe is real simple and pretty darn healthy. It comes out to be pretty flavorful and it's flexible so feel free to make any variations to it, such as adding cheese, more vegetables, or different types of seasoning.

Ingredients:
1 medium cabbage, shredded
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
1 can of Campbell's tomato soup condensed
salt & pepper
1 3/4 cups of water
1 tsp garlic powder

Directions:
In a large sauce pot brown ground beef & saute onions. Add garlic powder and stir occasionally.
Add tomato soup, water, salt & pepper, & cabbage.
Bring to a boil.
Lower heat, simmer covered for 20 minutes.
Remove from hit, let stand for a few minutes, then serve.




What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)


1 comment:

Lucy said...

Glad to see you're doing some recipes that are simple and quick.
I don't use cabbage much (your father doesn't like it). I used to use it in that WW 0-point soup and it was good in that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...