Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Creamy Chicken & Noodles


Inspired from my Freezer Pleasers book. So this means there is enough to eat a dish now and freeze a dish for later. I was able to freeze A LOT of meals. I filled about 4 small containers. The original recipe called for bow tie pasta. But I didn't have any so I used no yolk spiral noodles instead. The recipe also called for a lot more cheese & butter, but I cut that down as well. 


Ingredients:
8 oz. of no yolk noodles
1.5 pound of  boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 tbsp cup butter, cubed
1 sweet red pepper, chopped
1 can of reduced fat cream of celery soup
2 cups frozen peas or mixed vegetables
1.5 cups of milk
2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup reduced fat grated parmesan cheese


Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions.

In a large skillet, cook chicken & red pepper in butter for 5 to 6 minutes.
Stir in soup, peas, milk, garlic salt, pepper. Bring to boil.
Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 2 minutes.
Stir in parmesan cheese. 
Drain pasta and add to chicken mixture, stir together.
Transfer to freezer container or eat now.
If you freeze, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Then transfer to microwave-safe dish. Cover & cook on high for 8 to 10 minutes.


I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love encouragement!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...