This picture is right after I put everything in the crock pot. I forgot to get a picture of the finished product.
I made enough to serve 16 people. Original recipe calls for 8 so I doubled everything. I recommend using less liquid (water or milk). Even though I cooked it overnight for 8 hours it was still runny the next money. (Good thing this is Lancaster County and people like it that way).
- 3 cups of milk
- 3 cups of water (I recommend using less)
- 4 cups of dried cut oats
- 1 cup of craisins
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 diced granny smith apples
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Throw all ingredients in a 5 quart slow cooker. [I recommend leaving some or all of the apples, raisins, pecans, & brown sugar out and serving as optional toppings with the finished product, but that's up to you].
- Cook overnight on low for 8 hours.
- If still runny in the morning, cook for an additional hour on high.
I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!