Taco salad is my all-time favorite meal. But I always eat them at restaurants, usually not at home. What I love about this recipe is it shows you how to make a real taco salad bowl out of a tortilla shell.
- 8 inch tortillas (I used wheat)
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 can of corn
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 head of lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Lightly brush one side of tortillas with nonstick olive oil spray (or water).
- Spray coating into oven safe bowls and press tortillas, coated side up, into bowls.
- Bake in 350 oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown & crispy
- Meanwhile, in a skillet brown ground beef, onion, and garlic.
- Stir in beans, corn, taco sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, & cheese in a large bowl.
- Take tortillas out of bowl. Add lettuce mixture, top with meat mixture.
Other great additions to this recipe would be avocado or guacamole, salsa, peppers, chili seasoning if you want it spicey. Other types of beans.
I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!