There is this group on facebook called "The Crock Pot Recipe Exchange." I occasionally find slow cooker recipes on there among the discussion boards. You have to sort through everything to find them and if you don't save them as a word document you might never find them again. But it's a great resource and it's where I found this recipe. But there are equivalent recipes on AllRecipes.com. I wanted mine really spicy so I added a lot to it.
INGREDIENTS (makes about 8 servings) :
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 jalapenos peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper
- 1 can (15oz) black beans -- rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1/2oz) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies -- undrained
- 1 can (11oz) whole kernel corn -- drained
- 1 can (10oz) enchilada sauce
- 4 green onions -- chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 package (8 1/2oz) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Stir in the cumin, salt, chili powder and pepper.
- Transfer to a 4 or 5 qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, onions and cilantro.
- Add cayenne pepper & hot sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine muffin mix and eggs; spoon over meat mixture. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!