Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Baked Oatmeal







We're spending Thanksgiving with my husband's family in OBX for the week. So fun! We each took a day to be in charge of cooking & are sharing Thanksgiving day responsibilities. Today, Wednesday is my day. I got up early and I made Baked Oatmeal & Quiche for breakfast. Baking for this many people is a lot of work, but so fun!!!


I'm thankful for wonderful in-laws who love to help and love to praise my food :-)


I've never made baked oatmeal before, only slow cooker oatmeal. I forgot to bring my slow-cooker, so I decided to suck it up and try something new. My sister-in-law is making a pumpkin custard pie for tomorrow and had an extra pie shell that she offered up to me. I'm using graham cracker pie crust for the pumpkin pies that I'm making so I had to come up with a creative use for this particular pie shell. I had excess oatmeal badder so I realized the pie shell was perfect! It came out beautifully.


Later today I took on the challenge of making guacamole again and the always famous Taco Ring. Stay tuned!

You may notice that the pics on this post are much nicer than my usual blog pictures, that's because I was able to use my sister-in-law's fancy camera. So cool. Thanks, Teresa!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of butter, melted
  • 3 eggs
  • 1.5 cups of white sugar
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1 tablespoon of baking powder
  • 1 cup of chopped pecans or other nuts
  • 6 cups of oats
  • 2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
  • 2 chopped apples
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • raisins (optional)
  • pie crust (optional)

Directions:
  1. Mix butter, eggs, sugar, salt, baking powder, pecans, & oats in a large bowl
  2. Grease or spray casserole dish or baking pan or place extra in pie crust (optional) and bake it that way.
  3. Top oatmeal with apples and ground cinnamon.
  4. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
  5. Serve with cinnamon, raisins, and brown sugar.

It was a hit!!!!


I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...