Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Easy Wonton Soup (Take 1)

This is a random recipe for me. I'm usually making something Mexican or Italian. So wonton soup is thinking out of the box. I was inspired last month after a trip to Costco. They had a bag of pre-made chicken & cilantro wontons for pretty cheap. They are healthy/low in points so I figured I could make a meal with them. I looked up on AllRecipes.com different variations of wonton soup and settled on this recipe. I did some exploring in the ethnic isle as well. My husband wasn't wild about the soup, but it's not really his style. It's a nice easy recipe just for me then. Next time I'm on my own for dinner i'll make this recipe again, but I'll make it even better!



Okay, so the pictures don't make it look too appetizing. But I really enjoyed it! 


Ingredients:

  • 4 cups of chicken broth
  • 1 can of water chestnuts
  • 1/2 package of cellophane noodles
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 10-12 frozen chicken & cilantro wontons
  • 1/2 teaspoon of chinese five-spice powder
  • 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
  • salt to taste



Directions:

  1. Boil chicken broth & add chestnuts.
  2. Stir in onions & spices.
  3. Add wontons (cook according to package directions).
  4. Remove from head & add cellophane noodles.
  5. Stir & let sit for a few minutes. Then serve. 

I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...