Thursday, January 20, 2011

On Fire Sam Adams Turkey Chili

Love Love Love Chili. I can remember when I was younger my father making chili in our kitchen and pouring in beer to the concoction. As a kid I didn't really understand what he was doing. I just figured it was my dad, being my dad. But now that I cook on my own I often add beer to my chili. We had a variety pack of Sam Adams left at our house from the Man-Meat-Night at our house this weekend. So I decided to add a bottle of Samuel Adams Winter Lager while simmering the chili. I also added A TON of spicy seasonings. Warning! This recipe is on fire! Be sure to serve with cornbread & rice to cool of your taste buds.

Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 can of dark red kidney beans
1 can of whole kernel corn
1 can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 bottle of Samuel Adams Winter Lager
1 tbsp of minced garlic
2 tablespoons of hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
2 tbsp of chili powder
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp of red pepper flakes

Directions:
Brown ground turkey in skillet.
Mix in garlic, corn, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, and beer.
Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer.
Add all spices and mix well.
Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Serve with cornbread & rice!




What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)

1 comment:

Justin Block said...

Grateful for you writing this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...