Saturday, December 11, 2010

Creme De Menthe Squares

Probably my favorite dessert of all-time. It's one of the only things I remember from Christmases growing up :-) And that we left Beer and M&M's for "Santa Claus" rather than milk & cookies (you think I would've known a long time ago that Santa wasn't real!).



Cooking club had a cookie exchange this month. Did I mention I ADORE my cooking club??? Did I mention I have the most amazing cooking club EVER??? We are so fun together! The plan was to bring some cookies to exchange or an appetizer to eat. I brought chicken pesto pizza along with my creme de menthe squares. But others brought sugar cookies & ginegerbread cookies already made that we decorated together during the evening. That was a fun little project and a cute idea. And did I mention we all had to wear aprons??? Best part!


There was a prize for best cookie & best apron. Best cookies went to the Peanut Butter ones by Amanda. You can't really compete with PB, can you?


My mom was in town earlier this week and we made the Creme De Menthe squares together. After I made her chicken pot pie for dinner. You know it's a special recipe when you get to bust out your Kitchen Aid mixer! It was a very long process. So long that I had to call it quits and go to bed. Luckily, my mom finished it for me. The final results were fabulous! So fabulous that I made another pan the next night!!!




INGREDIENTS:


Brownie Layer
  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 can Hershey syrup



Mint Filling


  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 2 cups confectioner's sugar
  • 3 tbsp green creme de menthe
  • green food coloring (if you want it a darker green)
  • mint cake gel (if you want it extra minty)


Chocolate Glaze
  • 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 6 oz melted butter





DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cream butter & sugar until smooth.
  3. Add beaten eggs, one at a time, mix thoroughly.
  4. Add vanilla, salt, and flour. Mix until well blended.
  5. Add Hershey syrup. Mix well.
  6. Pour into greased 13 x 9 baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or so. Then cool completely.
  7. Cream butter & confectioner's sugar until smooth with a mixer.
  8. Add Creme de menthe and mix thoroughly until of spreading consistency. 
  9. Frost brownie layer with the mint filling (ONLY IF BROWNIE LAYER IS COMPLETELY COOLED)
  10. Refrigerate to harden mint layer. Approximately 20 minutes or more.
  11. Melt butter & chocolate chips over low heat. Stirring constantly until smooth.
  12. Cool to room temperature. Spread over mint filling covering entire layer. 
  13. Cool until glaze hardens. Cut into squares before serving.

I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks/sounds delish! A must try sometime

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...