Thursday, December 2, 2010

Celery Casserole

This dish seems a little strange...celery as a main dish? But I went with it, and you know what? It rocked! It works great as a main dish, but if you're not sold you could serve it as a side instead. It was surprisingly filling & tasty. Plus the texture and color was cool. I'm all about texture, hence my obsession with sprinkles. I've been trying to stick to my weight watchers plan (post-thanksgiving blues) and this dish comes out to be about 3 points per serving. That's REALLY good for an entree. 




Anyone know any other good meatless dishes???


Ingredients:
  • 4 cups of diced celery, cut into 1/4 inch slices
  • 36 low-fat buttery crackers (or 1 sleeve full), crushed
  • 8 oz. can of water chestnuts, halved
  • 1 can of low-fat cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 3 cups of water
  • 5 tablespoons of almond slices
  • 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter
  • salt


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Boil water and chicken broth with salt in medium sauce pan
  3. Add celery and salt and cook for 7 minutes
  4. Combine soup & water chestnuts in medium bowl
  5. Add drained celery and mix in
  6. Pour into 1.5 quart greased casserole dish
  7. Melt butter in skillet and stir in cracker crumbs & almond slivers
  8. Top casserole dish with cracker mixture
  9. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes
I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...