I totally messed up while cooking them though. The directions said to cook for 15 minutes @ 425, then 40 to 50 @ 350. But I misread it and cooked them @ 425 for 45 minutes. They looked a little brown. BUT the good news is I tested it out the other night @ small group and it was a hit.
Just so you know...it wouldn't be a Jilly dish without the sprinkles...
Also, I just need to share this. My husband tried it the following day, and out of the blue he said, and I quote "That pumpkin pie you made, that was the best pumpkin pie I've EVER tasted." Ok, so I know I didn't make it from scratch or anything. But this is my very first pumpkin pie. Not to mention my husband is a baked goods EXPERT. So, needless to say, I appreciate the compliment. He also kept raving about the sprinkles...gotta love this man!
- 2 pre-made graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 can of Libby's Pumpkin Puree
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cans of evaporated milk
- 1 container frozen whipped topping, fat free
- lots of sprinkles!
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, & salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl beat eggs. Stir in pumpkin & sugar mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shells.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 40 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool, top with whipped topping & lots of sprinkles!