Monday, October 18, 2010

Rotini Crab Casserole

I tend to only cook meals with the same two types of meat: ground beef & chicken breasts. So when a recipe comes around that switches things up and is manageable, I go for it. This crab dish is an awesome example of that. I made two batches and froze them. The recipe originally called for imitation crabmeat, but I went with the real thing. It's not cheap, but I went with the claw meat to keep the price down. It's worth it though.

Note: This recipe originally called for cooking the vegetables in butter. But I used fat free olive oil spray instead. It also called for mushrooms, but I run the other way when it comes to mushrooms...GUH-ROSS!

Ingredients:
  • 10 ounces uncooked rotini
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 chopped green pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  • 2-5 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons of basil
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese










Directions:

  1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
  2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook onions, celery, carrots, green peppers, & garlic. When crisp, remove from heat.
  3. Drain pasta and combine with vegetable mixture.
  4. Stir in crab, sour cream, & basil.
  5. Transfer mixture to two greased 8 by 8 square casserole dishes.
  6. Top with shredded cheese.
  7. Cover & bake casserole for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
  8. Uncover and cook for 5 minutes through.


I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

What do you mean you left out the mushrooms?
Did you use FF sour cream?
This sounds interesting...maybe I'll give it a try (but of course I'll have to leave out the mushrooms!)

Jill said...

Normally I would use fat free sour cream, but we only had regular in the house. (I used all the fat free on the chicken potato casserole)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...