Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Turkey & Mozzarella Sandwich

Last year I was the Lean Cuisine/Smart Ones/Healthy Choice Queen when it came to lunch at work. First off, this slew low fat frozen meals aren't really that healthy. Sometimes they taste pretty good. But Second of all, they just get old after awhile. I don't know what I was thinking, really. I'm so much happy cooking meals and eating leftovers for lunch. They are healthier and taste better. Plus I'm saving money! So as I continue my search for lunch alternatives I've found a good-old fashion sandwich is the way to go.




I've been using sprouts -- which is something I remember eating a lot of when I was younger, fresh mozzarella (awesome!), slices of tomato, onions, sometimes carrots or zucchini. For some protein I've been using some tuna or Hillshire Farm Ultra Thin Cracked Black Pepper Turkey. Sometimes I use a little bit of Mayo. But my new guilty pleasure (which I don't really have to feel guilty about) is 1 or 2 ounces of fresh avacado used as a spread. AMAZING! The sandwich above is only 3 Weight Watcher Points and is still pretty filling with a side of fruit, crackers, or salad. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...