When using other recipes, even if they are low fat already, I tried to cut out as much fat and calories as possible. I use a lot of low fat substitutes, like these:
Since I'm currently doing weight watchers again I'm looking for foods that are high in fiber like this penne pasta:
I like to pre-cook my meals, when possible. So I made this on Sunday and my husband and I are eating it for lunch all week. It's healthy, good-tasting, and saves us money.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with oil spray.
- Cook pasta according to instructions until al dente.Drain and return to pot.
- In medium saucepan add olive oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped spinach, garlic salt, and chopped tomatoes. Season oregano, italian seasoning, and salt & pepper.
- Add sauce to the pasta. Add 2/3 cup of Mozzarella Cheese, Parmesan cheese and Ricotta Cheese. Mix well.
- Transfer to the baking pan.Top with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and the edges are lightly browned.
Sauce with Spinach
Pasta with Sauce & Cheese