Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chicken Piccata & Ravioli Salad


This was such a hit! (and pretty easy) I had cooked the raviolis earlier in the week and kept them in the fridge. I had spinach, almonds, red tomatoes, yellow tomatoes (!!!) & ranch dressing all in the fridge and I threw them together (with the cold raviolis0 to make a salad to go with the chicken. Tasted great -- all the different flavors and textures and looked very colorful!

The chicken piccata was inspired from "Point-Less" Meals which has a TON of great recipes. But I changed the recipe around to just serve 2 (husband & I), no leftovers. Also, I took out a lot of the oil & butter. I've been trying to use very little of those fatty items, but still go for great taste & great texture. This chicken was great & easy-to-do.

Ingredients:
  • 4 ( 4 oz. ) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (i got mine from Costco)
  • 1/2 c. egg beaters
  • packet of chicken buillon
  • 2 cups of water
  • 3 T. lemon juice
  • 5 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp. Tobasco sauce
  • 1/2 c. flour
  • 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 T. dried parsley
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp oil
  • olive oil spray
Directions:
  1. Boil chicken buillon packet in water
  2. In a dish, combine egg beaters, 2 tablespoons of chicken broth, 2 T. lemon juice, garlic, and Tobasco.
  3. In another dish combine flour, Parmesan, parsley and salt.
  4. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, then in egg mixture, then again in flour mixture.
  5. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 tsp. oil. Cook chicken until browned and cooked through.  Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.


I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite dishes that I make ALL the time. Your recipe is very different than mine and I use wine, lemon juice, and capers. I can send it to you if you want to try. It's delish! I always make extra sauce and then serve with pasta.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...