This was such a hit! (and pretty easy) I had cooked the raviolis earlier in the week and kept them in the fridge. I had spinach, almonds, red tomatoes, yellow tomatoes (!!!) & ranch dressing all in the fridge and I threw them together (with the cold raviolis0 to make a salad to go with the chicken. Tasted great -- all the different flavors and textures and looked very colorful!
The chicken piccata was inspired from "Point-Less" Meals which has a TON of great recipes. But I changed the recipe around to just serve 2 (husband & I), no leftovers. Also, I took out a lot of the oil & butter. I've been trying to use very little of those fatty items, but still go for great taste & great texture. This chicken was great & easy-to-do.
- 4 ( 4 oz. ) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (i got mine from Costco)
- 1/2 c. egg beaters
- packet of chicken buillon
- 2 cups of water
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. Tobasco sauce
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 T. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp oil
- olive oil spray
- Boil chicken buillon packet in water
- In a dish, combine egg beaters, 2 tablespoons of chicken broth, 2 T. lemon juice, garlic, and Tobasco.
- In another dish combine flour, Parmesan, parsley and salt.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture, then in egg mixture, then again in flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 tsp. oil. Cook chicken until browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.