Friday, October 8, 2010

Crab Cakes!

I really impressed myself with these. This is another one from my mom. My husband came home to a classy dinner of crab cakes, spinach with fresh mozzarella salad, garlic bread, and seasoned asparagus. My first time cooking asparagus on my own (had to do some research online to figure out what the heck to do) and my first time making crab cakes. I was so happy with how they turned out. I used very little oil or egg. But they still had a nice golden brown to them and tasted great.







Ingredients:

  • 8 oz crab meat
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 Tbl parsley
  • 1/4 c fat free mayo
  • 1 serving of egg substitute
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • dash of cayenne pepper

Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
  2. Form into 4 patties & place on sprayed cookie sheet
  3. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for an hour
  4. Spray the tops of the cakes and place in preheated broiler until tops are brown. Serve immediately

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...