Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sloppy Joes

I haven't actually made the sloppy joe sandwiches yet, but I made the meat mixture this weekend and I'm keeping them in my freezer until next week. I got this recipe from the Freezers Pleasers book. I had a nice cooking/baking marathon this past weekend and was looking up all types of stuff that I could make in advance. Side Note: You could add mustard to this, but I opted not to (not a fan!)




Ingredients:
  • 1 pound extra lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup chopped onions
  • 3 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 can of campbell's beef and barley soup
  • Bread or buns to serve as sandwiches
Directions:
  1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onions, and garlic over medium heat until meat is brown.
  2. Stir in ketchup, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, italian seasoning, onion powder, and pepper.
  3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
  4. Serve about 1/2 cup meat mixture in each sandwich.

I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...