Friday, October 8, 2010

Banana Pancakes

I got up early on Sunday morning before church to get a run in. I haven't been running much and I miss it. This fall weather is perfect for morning runs. When I got back I whipped up some banana pancakes for me and the hubby. It was the perfect sunday morning treat. I've been substituting whole wheat flour into my recipes lately and still like the way those recipes come out. Gina uses them a lot in her recipes and that's where I got the inspiration from. 

Ingredients:

               1 cup whole wheat flour
               2 tsp baking powder 
               1/4 tsp salt
               1 tsp cinnamon
               2 bananas, riped & mashed
               1 cup skim milk
               3 large egg whites
               2 tsp oil
               1 tsp vanilla or almond abstract
               butter flavor cooking spray

Directions:
  1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. 
  2. Combine milk, egg white, oil and mashed bananas in a bowl and mix until smooth. 
  3. Combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix well with a spoon until there are no more dry spots.  
  4. Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Spray oil to coat and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter. When the pancake starts to bubble and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...