Monday, October 11, 2010

Zucchini Quiche

I just discovered an amazing book through BOOKS ARE FUN at school. It's the Taste of Home Freezer Pleasers book. It has all these recipes that just look delicious. But on top of that it has instructions on how to make meals ahead of time and freeze them or just eat them now. I've been looking for a book like this for a while now. I'm pretty excited. I made the Three-Cheese Kielbasa Bake last night. I made a small amount to eat as lunch all week. But then froze a 13 x 9 casserole size dish to eat for dinner next week. Love it!

One of the recipes was for Zucchini Quiche. I got up early before church and whipped it up. I wanted to bring food to the Young Marrieds Group that I help out with on Sunday mornings. We provide a light breakfast for them such as muffins and fruit. But the group loves it when we bring hot dishes. So I wanted to try out this new recipe and also bring a nice treat for everyone. I made enough for two dishes and it ALL got eaten. Awesome. I love that feeling when everyone enjoys your dish. Looks like I'll be using this recipe again and again.


Ingredients:

  • 3 thinly sliced medium size zucchinis
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 2 carrots, shredded
  • 8 eggs or some combination of eggs, egg whites, and egg substitute
  • 2 teaspoons of parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of italian seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
  • 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, park sim
  • 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 2% milk
  • 2 - 3 cups of frozen tater tots (for crust)
  • olive oil spray
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. In large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, and carrot in olive oil spray until tender
  3. Meanwhile, in another large skiller, brown the tater tots in olive oil spray
  4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parsley, salt, garlic salt, italian seasoning, and pepper.
  5. Stir in cheese and zucchini mixture into bowl.
  6. Spray two pie dishes with olive oil spray and layer each with tater tots on bottom.
  7. Top with 1/2 the mixture in each.
  8. Cook in oven for 45 minutes, approximately. Check with knife or toothpick.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Definitely making this sometime!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...