Friday, December 10, 2010

Low Fat Chicken Pot Pie

Everyone loves Chicken Pot Pie, but it can be REALLY bad for you. Have you ever looked at the nutritional information??? It's a shame too, because you can get pot pie from the grocery store for super cheap. Plus it's just plain delicious. Perfect comfort food meal and perfect for winter time. I came across this weight watcher recipe and made it for my mother while she was in town. I also made enough for 2 dishes so I could freeze one. Gotta love that freezer! So, this recipe tastes good and you can eat it without feeling bad about yourself. But the best part is that it's quite simple to make. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup reduced fat Bisquick
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1/4 cup egg substitute
  • 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1 lb. skinless chicken breast, cooked & chopped
  • 2 cans Campbell's Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup (I hate mushrooms so I used a can of Cream of Chicken instead)
  • Cooking spray

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Spray 7.5 x 11 casserole dish with cooking spray
  3. Mix veggies, chicken, and soup in a medium sized bowl
  4. Pour into casserole dish
  5. In a separate bowl, mix Bisquick, milk, & egg substitute
  6. Pour dough mix over the top of chicken mixture
  7. Bake for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown




I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Yes my daughter is turning into quite the chef. It was good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...