Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Slow Cooker Pizza

I love Slow Cooker Saturdays! (Except when I forgot to defrost the ground beef) I try to freeze stuff more to prevent food from spoiling, but it always backfires on me because I forget to take out the food in time. Oh well. I still made it work. I prepared the recipe in the morning and let it sit in the fridge right there in the crock-pot. Then went to work to get some things done. My husband came home with the Christmas tree around 1 and all he had to do was plug in the crock pot and turn it on. It was perfect & easy. Dinner was ready when I walked in the door @ 6PM.  This is a great recipe because it uses so few ingredients. It takes a little time to prepare, especially when you have to cook frozen ground beef in your skillet while cooking the pasta. But it was great and really does look like slow cooker pizza! 

Thoughts? What could I add to improve this recipe? I stole this from AllRecipes.com and didn't make much changes. I know it could use more veggies! What do you think?




Ingredients:
  • 1.5 pounds of extra lean ground beef
  • 8 oz of pasta (I used elbow macaroni)
  • 1.5 or 2 15 oz cans of pizza sauce
  • 1 19 oz can of cream of tomato soup (I used creamy tomato basil soup from Progresso)
  • 1 package of turkey pepperoni, about 30 slices.
  • 1 - 2 cups of part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • Italian Seasoning

Directions:
1. Boil salted water and cook pasta according to box directions.
2. Brown ground beef in skillet and drain, if necessary.
3. In medium sized slow cooker alternate layers of ingredients: Ground Beef, Italian Seasoning, Pasta, Cheese, Soup, Sauce, Pepperoni Slices. You should be able to make 3 layers. 





4. Top with additional cheese or ingredients, if desired.
5. Cook on low for 4 hours.


I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!

2 comments:

Fiber said...

This looks tasty! I'm going to have to try a vegetarian version.

Jill said...

Please share the recipe when you do! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...