Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Layered Mexican Shrimp Salad

This is an amazing salad. I take back my BEST SALAD EVER POST...this is really the best salad ever! 


I found this on Gina's Skinny Taste, of course. I love Gina's website. She is one of my favorite bloggers. I haven't met a recipe on her site that isn't amazing. I steal a lot of recipes from her. Yum Yum Yum. I also had to steal the recipe for the dressing as well. I made creamy tomatillo salad dressing to compliment this layered shrimp salad. I was so proud of myself because I've never made salad dressing from scratch before and it turned out to be addicting. 





Ingredients:
16 oz. cooked shrimp, tail shells removed
2 tbsp chipotle seasoning
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp cilantro paste or fresh cilantro
15 oz can of black beans, drained & rinsed
15 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained & rinsed
1 head of lettuce, shredded
1 small red onion, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
2 avocados, diced
2 cucumbers, diced
1 cup reduced fat, shredded cheddar cheese 




Directions:
Thaw & rinse shrimp.
Mix shrimp in a small bowl with chipotle seasoning, lime juice, & some salt to taste.
In a separate bowl combine corn, beans, cilantro, & red onion.
Place lettuce in the bottom of large clear bowl or trifle dish.
Layer bean/corn mixture on top. 
Then top with cucumber, then tomato.
Top with avocado. (I ran out of avocados so I just spread out the fresh guacamole I had in the fridge)
Then top with the layer of cheese. 
Finish off with the shrimp on the top.

Serve with dressing! 

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Where's the recipe for the dressing? Where did you find tomatillos in MB?

Nice bowl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...