Monday, August 1, 2011

Low Fat Crab Dip

I know this isn't the prettiest picture, but hey, it's life! Back in May we did a special Mother's Day Cooking Club event. We invited all our moms and did a "Year In Review" where we made a bunch of recipes that we had made throughout the year. It was awesome! I wanted to do my crab dip from our Costume Party but I decided to try to do a lower fat version. 

Ingredients:
8 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
16 oz of fat free (or reduced fat) cream cheese, softened
8 oz fat free sour cream
4 tbsp lite mayo
4 tbsp horseradish
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp white pepper
1 onion, diced
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp old bay seasoning
1 pound crab meat

Directions:
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Heat frozen spinach in microwave safe dish for 5 minutes.
Drain liquid. 
Mix cream cheese, sour cream, horseradish, and mayo in a large bowl.
Stir in seasonings.
Mix in the crab & spinach.
Spoon into casserole dish.
Back in oven for 30 minutes.

I like to serve this dish with bread, crackers, cucumbers, & pretzel crisps. 


What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...