Sunday, February 13, 2011

Beef Taco Lasagna





This gem is from Freezer Pleasers! I made it for my mother-in-law and family for her Birthday. (I love any excuse to cook). I love tacos and I love lasagna so you know that taco lasagna is going to be a hit in this household. It turned out great. I would totally make this if I were you. Are you planning on bringing a meal over to a friend or having people over for dinner? This is the perfect dish! You'll love it!



Ingredients:
12 lasagna noodles
1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 envelope of taco seasoning or approximately 3 to 4 tablespoons
2 egg whites
1.5 cups of fat free cottage cheese
1/2 cup of fat free cream cheese (or you can use additional cottage cheese)
1 to 2 cups of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
24 oz. of canned diced tomatoes or a jar of salsa (or some combination)


Directions:
Cook noodles according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat.
Stir in taco seasoning.
In a small bowl, combine egg whites, cottage cheese, and cream cheese. Mix well together.
Drain noodles and separate on a wax paper, if needed.
In a lasagna pan layer 3 noodles.
Then top with 1/3 of the egg/cheese mixture.
Then top with 1/3 of the beef mixture.
Then top with 1/3 of tomatoes/salsa.
Then top with 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
Repeat with lasagna noodles, egg/cheese, beef, tomatoes/salsa, and shredded cheddar cheese. 
Repeat one more time. Top with remaining noodles.
Top with any remaining cheese or tomatoes. 
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for a little bit before cutting.


You can double this recipe to make two lasagna pans. I froze mine. To eat from frozen, thaw in fridge for 8 hours. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before cooking. Then cook as directed. Cook longer if needed.




What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...